H2AFX antibody (H2A Histone Family, Member X) (AA 137-141) Primary Antibody
- AA 137-141
- This H2AFX antibody is un-conjugated
- Immunofluorescence (IF), Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Western Blotting (WB)
- The antibody detects endogenous level of total Histone H2A.X protein.
- The antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography usingepitope-specific immunogen.
- Peptide sequence around AA 137-141 (Q-A-S-Q-E) derived from Human Histone H2A.X. Antibodies were produced by immunizing rabbits with synthetic peptide and KLH conjugates.
- Application Notes
Western blotting: 1:500-1:1000
- For Research Use only
- 1 mg/mL
- Phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.4, 150 mM NaCl, 0.02 % sodium azide and 50 % glycerol.
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- 4 °C/-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at -20 °C for long term preservation (recommended). Store at 4 °C for short term use.
Qing, Liang, Du, Fan, Xu, Xu, Shi: "Apoptosis induced by trimethyltin chloride in human neuroblastoma cells SY5Y is regulated by a balance and cross-talk between NF-κB and MAPKs signaling pathways." in: Archives of toxicology, Vol. 87, Issue 7, pp. 1273-85, 2013 (PubMed).
Li, Hu, He, Li, Zhu, Hou, Zhang, Li, Zhang, Wang, Liu, Yao, Zhang: "Up-regulation of NDRG2 through nuclear factor-kappa B is required for Leydig cell apoptosis in both human and murine infertile testes." in: Biochimica et biophysica acta, Vol. 1822, Issue 2, pp. 301-13, 2012 (PubMed).
Li, Kikuchi, Zheng, Noguchi, Takahashi, Nishida, Masuda, Yang, Takano: "Downregulation and translocation of nuclear ING4 is correlated with tumorigenesis and progression of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma." in: Oral oncology, Vol. 47, Issue 3, pp. 217-23, 2011 (PubMed).
Li, Nishida, Noguchi, Zheng, Takahashi, Yang, Masuda, Takano: "Decreased nuclear expression and increased cytoplasmic expression of ING5 may be linked to tumorigenesis and progression in human head and neck squamous cell carcinoma." in: Journal of cancer research and clinical oncology, Vol. 136, Issue 10, pp. 1573-83, 2010 (PubMed).
Dickey, Redon, Nakamura, Baird, Sedelnikova, Bonner: "H2AX: functional roles and potential applications." in: Chromosoma, Vol. 118, Issue 6, pp. 683-92, 2009 (PubMed).
- Qing, Liang, Du, Fan, Xu, Xu, Shi: "Apoptosis induced by trimethyltin chloride in human neuroblastoma cells SY5Y is regulated by a balance and cross-talk between NF-κB and MAPKs signaling pathways." in: Archives of toxicology, Vol. 87, Issue 7, pp. 1273-85, 2013 (PubMed).
- Alternative Name
- Histone H2A.X (H2AFX Antibody Abstract)
- H2A.X, H2A/X, H2AX, AW228881, H2ax, Hist5-2ax, gammaH2ax, zgc:56329, h2a.x, h2a/x, h2ax, RGD1566119, h2a, h2afx, H2A histone family member X, H2A histone family, member X, H2A histone family member X L homeolog, histone cluster 1, H2ah, histone cluster 2, H2ab S homeolog, histone H2AX, H2AFX, H2afx, h2afx, h2afx.L, HIST1H2AH, hist2h2ab.S, LOC100522201, LOC100720536
- Variant histone H2A which replaces conventional H2A in a subset of nucleosomes. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling. Required for checkpoint-mediated arrest of cell cycle progression in response to low doses of ionizing radiation and for efficient repair of DNA double strand breaks (DSBs) specifically when modified by C-terminal phosphorylation
- Molecular Weight
- 15 kDa
- NCBI Accession
- Telomere Maintenance, DNA Damage Repair, Positive Regulation of Response to DNA Damage Stimulus