Rpb1 CTD antibody (pSer5, Ser5)
- Target See all Rpb1 CTD products
- Rpb1 CTD (RNA Polymerase II CTD)
- pSer5, Ser5
- Human, Mouse
- This Rpb1 CTD antibody is un-conjugated
- Chromatin Immunoprecipitation (ChIP), Immunocytochemistry (ICC), Immunofluorescence (IF), Western Blotting (WB)
- This RNA pol II CTD pSer5 antibody was raised against synthetic peptide containing the RNA Pol II heptad repeat consensus sequence phosphorylated at serine 5.
anti-RNA Polymerase II CTD (pSer5) antibody
Reactivity: Human, Arabidopsis thaliana, Drosophila melanogaster, Hamster, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Schizosaccharomyces pombe ICC, FACS, IF, ELISA, WB Host: Mouse Monoclonal 8A7 unconjugated
- Application Notes
- Optimal working dilution should be determined by the investigator.
- For Research Use only
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- Handling Advice
Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles and keep on ice when not in storage.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Antibodies in solution can be stored at -20 °C for 2 years.
- Expiry Date
- 6 months
Abundance and distribution of RNA polymerase II in Arabidopsis interphase nuclei." in: Journal of experimental botany, Vol. 66, Issue 6, pp. 1687-98, (2015) (PubMed).
: "Epigenetic reprogramming of human embryonic stem cells into skeletal muscle cells and generation of contractile myospheres." in: Cell reports, Vol. 3, Issue 3, pp. 661-70, (2013) (PubMed).
: "Loss of centromeric histone H3 (CENH3) from centromeres precedes uniparental chromosome elimination in interspecific barley hybrids." in: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, Vol. 108, Issue 33, pp. E498-505, (2011) (PubMed).
: "Plant Elongator regulates auxin-related genes during RNA polymerase II transcription elongation." in: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, Vol. 107, Issue 4, pp. 1678-83, (2010) (PubMed).
: "beta-Catenin primes organizer gene expression by recruiting a histone H3 arginine 8 methyltransferase, Prmt2." in: Developmental cell, Vol. 19, Issue 2, pp. 220-31, (2010) (PubMed).
- Abundance and distribution of RNA polymerase II in Arabidopsis interphase nuclei." in: Journal of experimental botany, Vol. 66, Issue 6, pp. 1687-98, (2015) (PubMed).
- Rpb1 CTD (RNA Polymerase II CTD)
- Alternative Name
- RNA Pol II CTD (Rpb1 CTD Products)
- 5 antibody, 8WG16 antibody, CG1554 antibody, CTD antibody, Dmel\\CG1554 antibody, H5 antibody, II antibody, L5 antibody, POL antibody, Pol II antibody, Pol II CTD antibody, Pol II Ser5P antibody, Pol II0[ser2] antibody, Pol II0[ser5] antibody, Pol II[ser2] antibody, Pol IIa antibody, Pol IIo antibody, Pol IIo[Ser2] antibody, Pol IIo[ser2] antibody, Pol IIo[ser5] antibody, Pol-IIa antibody, PolII antibody, PolIIo antibody, RNA Pol II antibody, RNA Pol II CTD antibody, RNA PolI 215 antibody, RNA PolII antibody, RNA pol II antibody, RNA pol IIo antibody, RNA polII antibody, RNAP antibody, RNAP II antibody, RNAP II LS antibody, RNAPII antibody, RNAPII0 antibody, RNApol2 antibody, RNApolII antibody, RPB1 antibody, RPII215 antibody, RpII antibody, Rpb1 antibody, Rpll215 antibody, Ubl antibody, dRPB1 antibody, dRpb1 antibody, l(1)10Ca antibody, l(1)DC912 antibody, l(1)DF912 antibody, l(1)G0040 antibody, l(1)L5 antibody, pol II antibody, polII antibody, RNA polymerase II 215kD subunit antibody, RpII215 antibody
- RNA pol II (RNA polymerase II) is responsible for synthesizing messenger RNA in eukaryotes. RNA pol II contains a carboxy terminal domain composed of heptapeptide repeats that are essential for polymerase activity. These repeats contain serine and threonine residues that are phosphorylated in actively transcribing RNA polymerase. In addition, RNA pol II, in combination with several other polymerase subunits, form the DNA binding domain of the polymerase, a groove in which the DNA template is transcribed into RNA. During the transcription cycle, the CTD of the large subunit of RNA pol II is reversibly phosphorylated. RNA pol II containing unphosphorylated CTD is recruited to the promoter, whereas the hyperphosphorylated CTD form is involved in active transcription. Phosphorylation occurs at two sites within the heptapeptide repeat, at Serine 5 and Serine 2. RNA pol II Serine 5 phosphorylation is confined to promoter regions and is necessary for the initiation of transcription.
- Molecular Weight
- 210 kDa
- Gene ID