GSK3 alpha antibody (Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3 alpha) (pSer21) Primary Antibody
GSK3a Reactivity: Human, Mouse, Rat IHC (p), WB Host: Rabbit Polyclonal
Catalog No. ABIN498788
Plus shipping costs $45.00
local_shipping Shipping to: United States
Delivery in 6 to 8 Business Days
- Binding Specificity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- This GSK3 alpha antibody is un-conjugated
- Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IHC (p)), Western Blotting (WB)
- This antibody detects endogenous levels of p-GSK3alpha protein only when phosphorylated at Ser21.
- Cross-Reactivity (Details)
- Species reactivity (expected):Mouse and Rat.
Species reactivity (tested):Human.
- Affinity chromatography
- > 95 % by SDS-PAGE
- Application Notes
- Western Blot: 1/500 - 1/1000. Immunohistochemistry: 1/50 - 1/200. Immunoprecipitation: 1/50 - 1/200.
Other applications not tested.
Optimal dilutions are dependent on conditions and should be determined by the user.
- For Research Use only
- 1,0 mg/mL
- Phosphate buffered saline (PBS), pH 7.2., 0.05 % sodium azide
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- Handling Advice
- Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
- 4 °C/-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store the antibody undiluted at 2-8 °C for one month or (in aliquots) at -20 °C for longer.
- Alternative Name
- GSK3 alpha (GSK3a Antibody Abstract)
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3 α and β (GSK-3alpha, beta) are serine/threonine kinases that regulate metabolic enzymes and transcription factors, which are responsible for coordinating processes such as glycogen synthesis and cell adhesion. GSK-3beta activity is also required for nuclear activity of Rel dimers, which mediate an anti-apoptotic response to TNFalpha in mice. GSK-3 catalytic kinase activity is controlled through differential phosphorylation of serine/threonine residues, which have an inhibitory effect, and tyrosine residues, which have an activating effect. Growth factor stimulation of mammalian cells expressing GSK-3alpha and GSK-3beta induces phosphorylation of Ser 21 and Ser 9, respectively through a phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI 3-kinase)-protein kinase B (PKB) dependent pathway, thereby enhancing proliferative signals. Additionally, GSK-3 physically associates with cAMP-dependent protein kinase A (PKA), which phosphorylates Ser 21 of GSK-3alpha or Ser 9 of GSK-3beta and inactivates both forms.Synonyms: Factor A, GSK-3 alpha, GSK3A, Glycogen synthase kinase-3 alpha
- Molecular Weight
- approx. 46,51 kDa
- Gene ID
- NCBI Accession
- PI3K-Akt Signaling, WNT Signaling, Fc-epsilon Receptor Signaling Pathway, EGFR Signaling Pathway, Neurotrophin Signaling Pathway, cAMP Metabolic Process, Cellular Glucan Metabolic Process, Regulation of Muscle Cell Differentiation, Regulation of G-Protein Coupled Receptor Protein Signaling, ER-Nucleus Signaling, Regulation of Carbohydrate Metabolic Process
You are here: