GSK3 alpha antibody (Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3 alpha) (Ser21) Primary Antibody
GSK3a Reactivity: Human, Mouse, Rat IF, IHC (p), WB Host: Rabbit Polyclonal
Catalog No. ABIN197104
Plus shipping costs $45.00
local_shipping Shipping to: United States
Delivery in 6 to 8 Business Days
- Binding Specificity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- This GSK3 alpha antibody is un-conjugated
- Immunofluorescence (IF), Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IHC (p)), Western Blotting (WB)
- GSK3alpha Antibody detects endogenous levels of total GSK3α protein.
- Affinity chromatography
- Synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from human GSK3alpha around the phosphorylation site of serine 21 (T-S-SP-F-A).
- Application Notes
- Western Blot: 1: 500approx. 1: 1000. Immunohistochemistry: 1: 50approx. 1: 100.
Other applications not tested.
Optimal dilutions are dependent on conditions and should be determined by the user.
- For Research Use only
- 1.0 mg/mL
- PBS(without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.4 containing 150 mM NaCl, 0.02 % sodium azide and 50 % glycerol
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- Handling Advice
- Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
- -20 °C
- Alternative Name
- GSK3 alpha (GSK3a Antibody Abstract)
- 2700086H06Rik, GSK3A, GSK-3[a], GSK-3[b], GSK3, gsk3a, xgsk3, glycogen synthase kinase 3 alpha, glycogen synthase kinase 3 alpha b, glycogen synthase kinase 3 alpha S homeolog, GSK3A, Gsk3a, gsk3a, gsk3ab, gsk3a.S, Bm1_31380
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3 alpha belongs to the Ser/Thr family of protein kinases, Cdc2/cdkx subfamily, GSK3 subsubfamily. It is implicated in the hormonal control of several regulatory proteins including glycogen synthase, myb, and the transcription factor c jun. GSK3 phosphorylates glycogen synthase and thereby inactivates it. Insulin stimulates the dephosphorylation of glycogen synthase at the sites phosphorylated by GSK3 and subsequently inhibits GSK3 acutely leading to the stimulation of glycogen synthesis. GSK3 signaling is performed by two isoforms, GSK3 alpha and GSK3 beta. The two isoforms share 97 % sequence similarity within their catalytic domains. GSK3 has also been shown to play a role in protein synthesis, cell adhesion, cell proliferation, cell differentiation, microtubule dynamics and cell motility.Synonyms: Factor A, GSK-3 alpha, GSK3A, Glycogen synthase kinase-3 alpha
- Gene ID
- NCBI Accession
- PI3K-Akt Signaling, WNT Signaling, Fc-epsilon Receptor Signaling Pathway, EGFR Signaling Pathway, Neurotrophin Signaling Pathway, cAMP Metabolic Process, Cellular Glucan Metabolic Process, Regulation of Muscle Cell Differentiation, Regulation of G-Protein Coupled Receptor Protein Signaling, ER-Nucleus Signaling, Regulation of Carbohydrate Metabolic Process
You are here: