Geminin Coiled-Coil Domain Containing (GMNC) (Center) antibody Primary Antibody
GMNC Reactivity: Human EIA, WB Host: Rabbit Polyclonal
Catalog No. ABIN783498
Plus shipping costs $45.00
local_shipping Shipping to: United States
Delivery in 6 to 8 Business Days
- Binding Specificity
- Enzyme Immunoassay (EIA), Western Blotting (WB)
- This antibody detects GEMC1 at Center.
- Cross-Reactivity (Details)
- Species reactivity (tested):Human, mouse
- Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
- 19 amino acid peptide near the center of human GEMC1
- Application Notes
- Optimal working dilution should be determined by the investigator.
- For Research Use only
- PBS containing 0.02 % sodium azi
- Handling Advice
- Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
- 4 °C/-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at 2 - 8 °C for up to three months or (in aliquots) at -20 °C for longer.
- Alternative Name
- GEMC1 (GMNC Antibody Abstract)
- The Geminin coiled-coil domain-containing protein 1 (GEMC1) is a highly conserved protein that is required for chromosomal replication. GEMC1 contains a region similar to the coiled-coil domain of geminin, an essential vertebrate replication protein in which the coiled-coil domain is required for the function. GEMC1 binds to the checkpoint and replication factor TopBP1, allowing the binding of GEMC1 to chromatin during pre-replication complex formation. GEMC1 also directly interacts with replication factors Cdc45 and Cdk2-CyclinE and stimulates the initiation of DNA replication. Depletion of GEMC1 by siRNA in embryonic and somatic vertebrate cells prevents DNA replication due to impairment of Cdc45 loading onto chromatin, suggesting GEMC1 promotes initiation of DNA replication by mediating TopBP1 and Cdk2 dependent recruitment of Cdc45 onto replication origins.Synonyms: Geminin coiled-coil domain-containing protein 1
- Gene ID
- NCBI Accession
You are here: