1) How do I prepare my slides for shipment?
Ensure the slide(s) is washed sufficiently with Wash Buffer I and II and then completely dried as described in the protocol. If the slide(s) has any remaining debris, gently spray with distilled or de-ionized water prior to drying and then insert into the polypropylene 30ml conical centrifuge tube (or the Slide Washer/Dryer tube) provided with the kit. Refrain from touching the slide surface, holding the slide by the edges only. Securely fasten the cap and wrap the entire tube with aluminum foil to protect it from light.
Note: The fluorescent dye used is fairly resistant to photo-bleaching but it is still recommended that the slides are handled with care and kept away from direct exposure to heat or light.
Note: Red and black permanent markers can significantly interfere with fluorescent signal detection. We recommend marking your slides with a green or blue ultra-fine point permanent marker.
2) What services are available?
- Scanning Service: The slide(s) is scanned and the .TIFF image file is sent to the customer via email or drop-box (if necessary).*
- Scanning and Data Extraction Service: The slide(s) is scanned, data extraction is performed, and the raw OD data is sent back via email. (Excel file).
- Scanning and Analysis Service: The slide(s) is scanned, data extraction is performed, and the data is analyzed by the appropriate ® Analysis Tool (Excel file). This file is then sent back via email along with a copy of the image (PowerPoint file).
3) How long does each service take to complete?
- Scanning Service: 5-10 business days* from receipt of slide(s) and completed Service Form.
- Scanning and Data Extraction Service: 5-10 business days* from receipt of slide(s) and completed Service Form.
- Scanning and Analysis Service: 5-10 business days* from receipt of slide(s) and completed Service Form.
*Only an approximation and may vary based on number of slides and current service order volumes. Please contact us if you need a current estimation or a status update of any ongoing service.
4) When should I ship my slides?
It is strongly recommended that slides are shipped between Monday and Wednesday in case there is a delay in shipping to ensure they are received during normal operating business days. Please contact us for questions about holiday business hours.
If you have any other questions or need further assistance please contact us via phone, fax, or email.