- Target See all Myc Tag products
- Myc Tag
- Please inquire
- This Myc Tag antibody is conjugated to Biotin
- Immunoprecipitation (IP), Immunohistochemistry (IHC), ELISA, Western Blotting (WB)
- This affinity purified antibody is directed against human c-myc and is useful in determining its presence in various assays. This polyclonal anti-Myc-tag antibody detects overexpressed proteins containing the Myc epitope tag. The antibody recognizes the Myc-tag (Glu-Gln-Lys-Leu-Ile-Ser-Glu-Glu-Asp-Leu) fused to either the amino- or carboxy- termini of targeted proteins in transfected or transformed cells. Assay by immunoelectrophoresis resulted in a single precipitin arc against anti-biotin and anti-Rabbit Serum.
- Concentration Definition: by UV absorbance at 280 nm
- This antibody was purified from whole rabbit serum prepared by repeated immunizations with Myc epitope tag peptide E-Q-K-L-I-S-E-E-D-L conjugated to KLH using maleimide. The sequence corresponds to aa 410-419 of human c-Myc.
anti-Myc Tag (AA 408-439) antibody
Reactivity: Human IF, IHC (fro), IHC (p), IP, WB Host: Mouse Monoclonal 9E10 unconjugated
- Application Notes
ELISA : 1:100,000 – 1:500,000
Western Blot : 1:2,000 - 1:10,000
Immunohistochemistry: 1:1,000 - 1:5,000
Other Dilution: User Optimized
- For Research Use only
- 1.0 mg/mL
0.02 M Potassium Phosphate, 0.15 M Sodium Chloride, pH 7.2, 0.01% (w/v) Sodium Azide
Stabilizer: 10 mg/mL Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) - Immunoglobulin and Protease free
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- 4 °C/-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- tore vial at 4° C prior to restoration. For extended storage aliquot contents and freeze at -20° C or below. Avoid cycles of freezing and thawing. Centrifuge product if not completely clear after standing at room temperature. This product is stable for several weeks at 4 ° C as an undiluted liquid. Dilute only prior to immediate use.
- Myc Tag
- Myc Tag Products
- Target Type
- Epitope tags are short peptide sequences that are easily recognized by tag-specific antibodies. Due to their small size, epitope tags do not affect the tagged protein’s biochemical properties. Most often sequences encoding the epitope tag are included with target DNA at the time of cloning to produce fusion proteins containing the epitope tag sequence. This allows anti-epitope tag antibodies to serve as universal detection reagents for any tag containing protein produced by recombinant means. This means that anti-epitope tag antibodies are a useful alternative to generating specific antibodies to identify, immunoprecipitate or immunoaffinity purify a recombinant protein. The anti-epitope tag antibody is usually functional in a variety of antibody-dependent experimental procedures. Expression vectors producing epitope tag fusion proteins are available for a variety of host expression systems including bacteria, yeast, insect and mammalian cells. Supplier produces anti-epitope tag antibodies against many common epitope tags including Myc, GST, GFP, 6X His, MBP, FLAG and HA. Supplier also produces antibodies to other tags including FITC, Rhodamine (TRITC), DNP and biotin.