GSK3 alpha antibody (Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3 alpha) (pSer21) Primary Antibody
GSK3a Reactivity: Human, Mouse IF, IHC (p), WB Host: Rabbit Polyclonal
Catalog No. ABIN196620
Plus shipping costs $45.00
local_shipping Shipping to: United States
Delivery in 6 to 8 Business Days
- Binding Specificity
- Human, Mouse
- This GSK3 alpha antibody is un-conjugated
- Immunofluorescence (IF), Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IHC (p)), Western Blotting (WB)
- GSK3alpha (phospho-Ser21) antibody detects endogenous levels of GSK3alpha only when phosphorylated at serine 21.
- Immunoaffinity chromatography
- The antiserum was produced against synthesized phosphopeptide derived from human GSK3alpha around the phosphorylation site of serine 21 (T-S-SP-F-A).
- Application Notes
- Suitable for use in Western blot (1: 500approx. 1: 1000) and Immunohistochemistry (1: 50approx. 1: 100).
Other applications not tested.
Optimal dilutions are dependent on conditions and should be determined by the user.
- For Research Use only
- 1.0 mg/mL
- Phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.4, 150 mM NaCl containing 0.02 % Sodium Azide as preservative and 50 % glycerol as stabilizer
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- Handling Advice
- Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store the antibody (in aliquots) at -20 °C.
- Alternative Name
- GSK3 alpha (GSK3a Antibody Abstract)
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3 alpha belongs to the Ser/Thr family of protein kinases, Cdc2/cdkx subfamily, GSK3 subsubfamily. It is implicated in the hormonal control of several regulatory proteins including glycogen synthase, myb, and the transcription factor c jun. GSK3 phosphorylates glycogen synthase and thereby inactivates it. Insulin stimulates the dephosphorylation of glycogen synthase at the sites phosphorylated by GSK3 and subsequently inhibits GSK3 acutely leading to the stimulation of glycogen synthesis. GSK3 signaling is performed by two isoforms, GSK3 alpha and GSK3 beta. The two isoforms share 97 % sequence similarity within their catalytic domains. GSK3 has also been shown to play a role in protein synthesis, cell adhesion, cell proliferation, cell differentiation, microtubule dynamics and cell motility.Synonyms: Factor A, GSK-3 alpha, GSK3A, Glycogen synthase kinase-3 alpha
- Gene ID
- NCBI Accession
- PI3K-Akt Signaling, WNT Signaling, Fc-epsilon Receptor Signaling Pathway, EGFR Signaling Pathway, Neurotrophin Signaling Pathway, cAMP Metabolic Process, Cellular Glucan Metabolic Process, Regulation of Muscle Cell Differentiation, Regulation of G-Protein Coupled Receptor Protein Signaling, ER-Nucleus Signaling, Regulation of Carbohydrate Metabolic Process
You are here: