ZYX antibody (Zyxin) (Middle Region) Primary Antibody
- Binding Specificity
Human, Rat, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Rabbit
This ZYX antibody is un-conjugated
Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Western Blotting (WB)
- QPRGPPASSP APAPKFSPVT PKFTPVASKF SPGAPGGSGS QPNQKLGHPE
- Predicted Reactivity
- Cow: 86%, Dog: 93%, Guinea Pig: 86%, Horse: 93%, Human: 100%, Rabbit: 79%, Rat: 86%
- This is a rabbit polyclonal antibody against ZYX. It was validated on Western Blot using a cell lysate as a positive control.
- Affinity Purified
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human ZYX
- Application Notes
- Optimal working dilutions should be determined experimentally by the investigator.
Antigen size: 572 AA
- For Research Use only
- Lot specific
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09 % (w/v) sodium azide and 2 % sucrose.
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- Handling Advice
- Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- For short term use, store at 2-8°C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20°C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Alternative Name
- ZYX (ZYX Antibody Abstract)
- BcDNA:LD06023, CG32018, DLim-1, DmLIM-1, Dmel\\CG32018, Lim102EF, ZYX102, Zyx102, Zyx102EF, lim, zyx102, zyxin, zgc:171680, ZYX, zyx, MGC145270, ESP-2, HED-2, 9530098H06Rik, R75157, Zyxin, zyxin, zyxin S homeolog, zyx-1, Zyx, zyx, ZYX, EDI_201420, zyx.S
TRIM50 is an E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase.Focal adhesions are actin-rich structures that enable cells to adhere to the extracellular matrix and at which protein complexes involved in signal transduction assemble. Zyxin is a zinc-binding phosphoprotein that concentrates at focal adhesions and along the actin cytoskeleton. Zyxin has an N-terminal proline-rich domain and three LIM domains in its C-terminal half. The proline-rich domain may interact with SH3 domains of proteins involved in signal transduction pathways while the LIM domains are likely involved in protein-protein binding. Zyxin may function as a messenger in the signal transduction pathway that mediates adhesion-stimulated changes in gene expression and may modulate the cytoskeletal organization of actin bundles. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants that encode the same isoform.
Alias Symbols: ESP-2, HED-2
Protein Interaction Partner: RTN4IP1, YPEL3, IMP3, PHF21A, PDLIM5, LIN7A, SUMO1, NEDD8, FAM129B, CORO1B, CAND1, PUF60, PAPOLA, NUDC, SEC23B, SEC24C, HIST1H4A, UGP2, TARS, PXN, GART, GARS, APEH, FN1, HIPK3, VCAM1, UBC, UBL7, UFC1, UBXN7, ZC3H7B, TTLL12, FERMT2, TOMM34, AHCYL1, SSSCA1,
Protein Size: 572
- Molecular Weight
- 61 kDa
- Gene ID
- NCBI Accession
- NM_003461, NP_003452