CXCR2 antibody (Chemokine (C-X-C Motif) Receptor 2) (N-Term) Primary Antibody
- This CXCR2 antibody is un-conjugated
- Western Blotting (WB)
- MEDFNMESDS FEDFWKGEDL SNYSYSSTLP PFLLDAAPCE PESLEINKYF
- Predicted Reactivity
- Human: 100%
- This is a rabbit polyclonal antibody against IL8RB. It was validated on Western Blot using a cell lysate as a positive control.
- Affinity Purified
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human IL8RB
- Application Notes
- Optimal working dilutions should be determined experimentally by the investigator.
Antigen size: 360 AA
- For Research Use only
- Lot specific
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09 % (w/v) sodium azide and 2 % sucrose.
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- Handling Advice
- Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- For short term use, store at 2-8°C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20°C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Alternative Name
- IL8RB (CXCR2 Antibody Abstract)
- CD182, CDw128b, CMKAR2, IL8R2, IL8RA, IL8RB, CXC-R2, CXCR-2, CD128, CDw128, Cmkar2, Gpcr16, IL-8Rh, IL-8rb, Il8rb, mIL-8RH, C-X-C motif chemokine receptor 2, chemokine (C-X-C motif) receptor 2, Cxcr2, CXCR2
IL8RB is the receptor for interleukin-8 which is a powerful neutrophil chemotactic factor. Binding of IL-8 to the receptor causes activation of neutrophils. This response is mediated via a G-protein that activates a phosphatidylinositol-calcium second messenger system. IL8RB binds to IL-8 with high affinity. IL8RB also binds with high affinity to CXCL3, GRO/MGSA and NAP-2.The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the G-protein-coupled receptor family. This protein is a receptor for interleukin 8 (IL8). It binds to IL8 with high affinity, and transduces the signal through a G-protein activated second messenger system. This receptor also binds to chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 1 (CXCL1/MGSA), a protein with melanoma growth stimulating activity, and has been shown to be a major component required for serum-dependent melanoma cell growth. This receptor mediates neutrophil migration to sites of inflammation. The angiogenic effects of IL8 in intestinal microvascular endothelial cells are found to be mediated by this receptor. Knockout studies in mice suggested that this receptor controls the positioning of oligodendrocyte precursors in developing spinal cord by arresting their migration. This gene, IL8RA, a gene encoding another high affinity IL8 receptor, as well as IL8RBP, a pseudogene of IL8RB, form a gene cluster in a region mapped to chromosome 2q33-q36. Publication Note: This RefSeq record includes a subset of the publications that are available for this gene. Please see the Entrez Gene record to access additional publications.
Alias Symbols: CD182, CDw128b, CMKAR2, CXCR2, IL8R2, IL8RA, IL8RB
Protein Interaction Partner: ST13, RAB11FIP2, CXCL5, PPP2CA, MYO5B, PPBP, GNA14, RGS12, GPRASP1, CXCL1, CXCL8, CXCR1, CXCR2, GNAI3, GNAI2, GNA15, CXCL3, CXCL2, CXCL6, GRIA1, ARRB1, ADRA1A, GTF3A,
Protein Size: 360
- Molecular Weight
- 41 kDa
- Gene ID
- NCBI Accession
- NM_001557, NP_001548
- cAMP Metabolic Process