Hemoglobin, beta Adult Minor Chain (HBB-B2) (Middle Region) antibody Primary Antibody
HBB-B2 Reactivity: Mouse WB Host: Rabbit Polyclonal
Catalog No. ABIN5673951
Plus shipping costs $45.00
local_shipping Shipping to: United States
Delivery in 2 to 3 Business Days
- Binding Specificity
- Middle Region
- Western Blotting (WB)
- SELHCDKLHV DPENFRLLGN AIVIVLGHHL GKDFTPAAQA AFQKVVAGVA
- Affinity purified
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of mouse HBB-B2
- Application Notes
- Optimal working dilution should be determined by the investigator.
- For Research Use only
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09 % (w/v) sodium azide and 2 % sucrose.
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- For short term use, store at 2-8°C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20°C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Alternative Name
- HBB-B2 (HBB-B2 Antibody Abstract)
- AI036344, Hbb2, Hbbt2, beta2, hemoglobin, beta adult minor chain, Hbb-b2
- This gene encodes a beta polypeptide chain found in adult hemoglobin, which consists of a tetramer of two alpha chains and two beta chains, and which functions in the transport of oxygen to various peripheral tissues. This gene is one of a cluster of beta-hemoglobin genes that are distally regulated by a locus control region, and which are organized along the chromosome in the order of their developmental expression. In mouse, two major strain-specific haplotypes of the beta-globin gene cluster are found - a "single" haplotype found in C57BL/-type strains, which includes two highly similar adult beta-globin genes, beta s and beta t, and a "diffuse" haplotype found in strains such as BALB/c and 129Sv, which includes two somewhat diverse adult beta-globin genes, beta-major and beta-minor. This gene represents the beta-minor adult gene found in the "diffuse" haplotype. Primary chromosome 7 of the mouse reference genome assembly, which is derived from C57BL/6 strain mice, represents the "single" haplotype, while the "diffuse" haplotype is represented in the reference genome collection by the BALB/c strain alternate contig, NT_095534.1.
Alias Symbols: Hbb2, Hbbt2, beta2, AI036344
Protein Size: 147
- Gene ID
- NCBI Accession
- NM_016956, NP_058652
You are here: