Cytokeratin 18 antibody (Keratin 18) Primary Antibody
- Target See all Cytokeratin 18 (KRT18) Antibodies
- Cytokeratin 18 (KRT18)
- Antibody Type
- Recombinant Antibody
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Cat, Cow, Dog, Ferret, Goat, Hamster, Horse, Marmoset, Pig, Sheep
- This Cytokeratin 18 antibody is un-conjugated
- Flow Cytometry (FACS), Immunofluorescence (IF), Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Staining Methods (StM), Western Blotting (WB)
- This MAb reacts with a wide variety of simple epithelia. It does not react with stratified squamous epithelia. It reacts with epithelial tumors of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, breast, pancreas, ovary, and thyroid. Cytokeratin 18, which belongs to the type A (acidic) subfamily of low molecular weight keratins, exists in combination with cytokeratin 8. It was reported that tissues from gastrointestinal tract are positive for both cytokeratin 8 and 18 but do not contain cytokeratin 14. Tissues from gastrointestinal tract, respiratory tract and urogenital tract, as well as endocrine and exocrine tissues and mesothelial cells are positive for cytokeratin 18.
- No Cross-Reactivity
- Chicken, Xenopus laevis
- Purified by Protein A/G
- Recombinant human full-length KRT18 protein
- Application Notes
Positive Control: HCT116, MCF-7, HeLa cells, Breast Cancer.
Known Application: Flow Cytometry (0.5-1 μg/million cells),Western Blot (0.5-2 μg/mL),Immunofluorescence (1-2 μg/mL), Immunohistochemistry (Formalin-fixed) (0.5-1 μg/mL for 30 min at RT)(Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10 mM Citrate Buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes)Optimal dilution for a specific application should be determined.
- For Research Use only
- 200 μg/mL
- 10 mM PBS with 0.05 % BSA & 0.05 % azide.
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- 4 °C,-80 °C
- Storage Comment
- Antibody with azide - store at 2 to 8°C. Antibody without azide - store at -20 to -80°C. Antibody is stable for 24 months. Non-hazardous. No MSDS required.
- Expiry Date
- 24 months
- Cytokeratin 18 (KRT18)
- Alternative Name
- KRT18 (KRT18 Products)
- CK18, K18, Krt1-18, CYK18, DreK18, cb83, dapk1, sb:cb83, wu:fa13f02, wu:fb36b04, krt18, MGC64569, MGC75922, KRT18, keratin 18, keratin 18, type I L homeolog, keratin 18, type I, keratin, type I cytoskeletal 18, K18, simple type I keratin, Keratin, type I cytoskeletal 18, Krt18, KRT18, krt18, krt18.L, LOC700569, LOC100136778, k1c18, LOC100008885
- Molecular Weight
- Gene ID
- Apoptosis, Caspase Cascade in Apoptosis