|Application / Reactivity||Human|
|BioImaging (BI)||1 Antibodies|
|Enzyme Immunoassay (EIA)||3 Antibodies|
|Flow Cytometry (FACS)||10 Antibodies|
|Immunochromatography (IC)||4 Antibodies|
|Immunocytochemistry (ICC)||12 Antibodies|
|Immunofluorescence (IF)||12 Antibodies|
|Immunofluorescence (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IF (p))||11 Antibodies|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC)||41 Antibodies|
|Immunohistochemistry (Formalin-fixed Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IHC (fp))||1 Antibodies|
|Immunohistochemistry (Frozen Sections) (IHC (fro))||6 Antibodies|
|Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IHC (p))||27 Antibodies|
|Immunoprecipitation (IP)||10 Antibodies|
|Western Blotting (WB)||162 Antibodies|
|Antigen||Caspase 2, Apoptosis-Related Cysteine Peptidase (CASP2) Antibodies|
|Epitope||Short Isoform Alternatives|
|Conjugate||This Caspase 2 antibody is un-conjugated Alternatives|
BioImaging (BI), Western Blotting (WB)
|Supplier||Log in to see|
Product Details anti-Caspase 2 AntibodyTarget Details Caspase 2 Application Details Handling Images
1. Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
2. This antibody has been developed and certified for the bioimaging application. However, a routine bioimaging test is not performed on every lot. Researchers are encouraged to titrate the reagent for optimal performance.
3. Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
4. Triton is a trademark of the Dow Chemical Company.
5. Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
6. Please refer to us for technical protocols.
|Purification||The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.|
|Immunogen||Human Caspase-2 (short)|
Target Details Caspase 2Product Details anti-Caspase 2 Antibody Application Details Handling Images back to top
|Alternative Name||Caspase-2 (CASP2 Antibody Abstract)|
Caspase-2 (Ich-1) belongs to the ICE/CED-3 cell death gene family of cysteine proteases. CED-3 is a C. elegans death gene that is required for normal programmed cell death during development. ICE (interleukin-1ß-converting enzyme) is the mammalian homolog of CED-3 and is activated when cells become apoptotic. Ich1 mRNA is alternatively spliced into two different forms, Ich-1 long (Ich-1L) and Ich-1 short (Ich-1S). Ich-1L is a 48 kDa protein that has about 50% amino acid sequence homology to both CED-3 and ICE. Ich-1S (35 kDa) is a truncated version of Ich-1L. Ich-1L and Ich-1S have been found to have opposite effects on cell death in vitro. Overexpression of Ich-1L in Rat1 rat fibroblast cells induced programmed cell death, whereas overexpression of Ich-1S suppressed Rat-1 cell death induced by serum starvation. These results suggest that Ich-1 may play a role in both the positive and negative regulation of programmed cell death.
The G310-1248 clone was made using recombinant full-length human caspase-2 (short) [Ich-1S] as the immunogen and can recognize both the short and long forms of human caspase-2.
|Research Area||Apoptosis/Necrosis, Cancer, Autophagy|
|Pathways||Apoptosis, Caspase Cascade in Apoptosis, Neurotrophin Signaling Pathway|
Application DetailsProduct Details anti-Caspase 2 Antibody Target Details Caspase 2 Handling Images back to top
1. Seed the cells in appropriate culture medium at ~10,000 cells per well in an 96-well Imaging Plate and culture overnight.
2. Remove the culture medium from the wells, and fix the cells by adding 100 myl of Fixation Buffer to each well. Incubate for 10 minutes at room temperature (RT).
3. Remove the fixative from the wells, and permeabilize the cells using either 90% methanol, or Triton™ X-100: a. Add 100 myl of -20°C 90% methanol to each well and incubate for 5 minutes at RT. OR b. Add 100 myl of 0.1% Triton™ X-100 to each well and incubate for 5 minutes at RT.
4. Remove the permeabilization buffer, and wash the wells twice with 100 myl of 1× PBS.
5. Remove the PBS, and block the cells by adding 100 myl of to each well. Incubate for 30 minutes at RT.
6. Remove the blocking buffer and add 50 myl of the optimally titrated primary antibody (diluted in Stain Buffer) to each well, and incubate for 1 hour at RT.
7. Remove the primary antibody, and wash the wells three times with 100 myl of 1× PBS.
8. Remove the PBS, and add the second step reagent at its optimally titrated concentration in 50 myl to each well, and incubate in the dark for 1 hour at RT.
9. Remove the second step reagent, and wash the wells three times with 100 myl of 1× PBS.
10. Remove the PBS, and counter-stain the nuclei by adding 200 myl per well of 2 myg/ml Hoechst 33342 in 1× PBS to each well at least 15 minutes before imaging.
11. View and analyze the cells on an appropriate imaging instrument.
Related Products: ABIN968537, ABIN967389
|Restrictions||For Research Use only|
HandlingProduct Details anti-Caspase 2 Antibody Target Details Caspase 2 Application Details Images back to top
|Buffer||Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, glycerol, and ≤0.09 % sodium azide.|
|Precaution of Use||This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.|
|Storage Comment||Store both the antibody and Jurkat control lysate undiluted at -20°C.|
ImagesProduct Details anti-Caspase 2 Antibody Target Details Caspase 2 Application Details Handling back to top