Hexokinase 2 antibody (HK2) (N-Term) Primary Antibody
- Hexokinase 2 (HK2)
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Rabbit, Zebrafish (Danio rerio)
- This Hexokinase 2 antibody is un-conjugated
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Western Blotting (WB)
- GTEHGEFLAL DLGGTNFRVL WVKVTDNGLQ KVEMENQIYA IPEDIMRGSG
- Predicted Reactivity
- Cow: 100%, Dog: 100%, Guinea Pig: 100%, Horse: 100%, Human: 100%, Mouse: 100%, Rabbit: 100%, Rat: 100%, Zebrafish: 86%
- This is a rabbit polyclonal antibody against HK2. It was validated on Western Blot using a cell lysate as a positive control.
- Affinity Purified
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human HK2
- Application Notes
- Optimal working dilutions should be determined experimentally by the investigator.
Antigen size: 917 AA
- For Research Use only
- Lot specific
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09 % (w/v) sodium azide and 2 % sucrose.
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- Handling Advice
- Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- For short term use, store at 2-8°C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20°C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Hexokinase 2 (HK2)
- Alternative Name
- HK2 (HK2 Antibody Abstract)
- HKII, HXK2, AI642394, hexokinase-2, fi09d05, fi17h06, wu:fi09d05, wu:fi17h06, wu:fi31b04, zgc:55926, HK2, ARABIDOPSIS THALIANA HEXOKINASE 2, ATHXK2, F6F22.11, F6F22_11, HEXOKINASE 2, hexokinase 2, StHK2, hexokinase 2, hexokinase-2, hexokinase 2 L homeolog, HK2, Hk2, hk2, HXK2, LOC100032849, hk2.L, hxk2, LOC102577690
Hexokinases phosphorylate glucose to produce glucose-6-phosphate, thus committing glucose to the glycolytic pathway. HK2 (hexokinase 2) is the predominant form found in skeletal muscle. It localizes to the outer membrane of mitochondria. Expression of this protein is insulin-responsive, and studies in rat suggest that it is involved in the increased rate of glycolysis seen in rapidly growing cancer cells. Hexokinases phosphorylate glucose to produce glucose-6-phosphate, thus committing glucose to the glycolytic pathway. This gene encodes hexokinase 2, the predominant form found in skeletal muscle. It localizes to the outer membrane of mitochondria. Expression of this gene is insulin-responsive, and studies in rat suggest that it is involved in the increased rate of glycolysis seen in rapidly growing cancer cells. Publication Note: This RefSeq record includes a subset of the publications that are available for this gene. Please see the Entrez Gene record to access additional publications. PRIMARYREFSEQ_SPAN PRIMARY_IDENTIFIER PRIMARY_SPAN COMP 1-348 AI278414.1 4-351 349-732 CB160837.1 11-394 c 733-1006 BM912287.1 1-274 c 1007-1333 AI085541.1 1-327 c 1334-1477 AW134604.1 8-151 1478-4058 AF148513.1 1-2581 4059-5498 BC064369.1 2575-4014 5499-5615 BM706373.1 303-419 5616-7109 BC064369.1 4130-5623
Alias Symbols: DKFZp686M1669, HKII, HXK2
Protein Interaction Partner: UBQLN1, MAGEA12, SUMO2, SUMO3, UBC, EGFR, rev, H2AFV, WDR61, ARIH2, PDLIM1, PYGL, NUBP1, IPO5, HEXB, FNTA, FBXO6, PARK2, UBD, ITGA4, NUDCD3, UBQLN4, SLC2A4, ELAVL1, PTGDS, ZBTB17, PRKCE, IGFBP4,
Protein Size: 917
- Molecular Weight
- 102 kDa
- Gene ID
- NCBI Accession
- NM_000189, NP_000180
- PI3K-Akt Signaling, Carbohydrate Homeostasis