MUC1 antibody (AA 1062-1139)
- Target See all MUC1 Antibodies
- MUC1 (Mucin 1 (MUC1))
- AA 1062-1139
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- This MUC1 antibody is un-conjugated
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC), ELISA, Western Blotting (WB)
- Cross-Reactivity (Details)
- No cross reactivity with other proteins.
- Rabbit IgG polyclonal antibody for MUC1 detection. Tested with WB, IHC-P, Direct ELISA in Human,Mouse,Rat.
- E. coli-derived human MUC1 recombinant protein (Position: S1062-V1139).
- Application Notes
Recommended Detection Systems: Enhanced Chemiluminescent Kit with anti-Rabbit IgG (ABIN921124) for Western blot, and HRP Conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG Super Vision Assay Kit (SV0002-1) for IHC(P).
Application Details: Western blot, 0.1-0.5 μg/mL
Immunohistochemistry(Paraffin-embedded Section), 0.5-1 μg/mL
Direct ELISA, 0.1-0.5 μg/mL
- For Research Use only
- Add 0.2 mL of distilled water will yield a concentration of 500 μg/mL.
- Each vial contains 4 mg Trehalose, 0.9 mg NaCl, 0.2 mg Na2HPO4, 0.05 mg NaN3.
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- 4 °C,-20 °C
- Storage Comment
At -20°C for one year. After reconstitution, at 4°C for one month.
It can also be aliquotted and stored frozen at -20°C for a longer time. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
Globose, cystic olfactory ensheathing cell tumor: A case report and literature review." in: Oncology letters, Vol. 12, Issue 5, pp. 3981-3986, (2016) (PubMed).
: "Establishment of a new representative model of human ovarian cancer in mice." in: Journal of ovarian research, Vol. 6, Issue 1, pp. 9, (2013) (PubMed).
- Globose, cystic olfactory ensheathing cell tumor: A case report and literature review." in: Oncology letters, Vol. 12, Issue 5, pp. 3981-3986, (2016) (PubMed).
- MUC1 (Mucin 1 (MUC1))
- Alternative Name
- MUC1 (MUC1 Products)
- CA 15-3 antibody, CD227 antibody, EMA antibody, H23AG antibody, KL-6 antibody, MAM6 antibody, MCKD1 antibody, MUC-1 antibody, MUC-1/SEC antibody, MUC-1/X antibody, MUC1/ZD antibody, PEM antibody, PEMT antibody, PUM antibody, Muc-1 antibody, mucin 1, cell surface associated antibody, mucin 1, transmembrane antibody, MUC1 antibody, Muc1 antibody
Synonyms: Mucin-1, MUC-1, Breast carcinoma-associated antigen DF3, Cancer antigen 15-3, CA 15-3, Carcinoma-associated mucin, Episialin, H23AG, Krebs von den Lungen-6, KL-6, PEMT, Peanut-reactive urinary mucin, PUM, Polymorphic epithelial mucin, PEM, Tumor-associated epithelial membrane antigen, EMA, Tumor-associated mucin, CD227, Mucin-1 subunit alpha, MUC1-NT, MUC1-alpha, Mucin-1 subunit beta, MUC1-beta, MUC1-CT, MUC1, PUM
Tissue Specificity: Expressed on the apical surface of epithelial cells, especially of airway passages, breast and uterus. Also expressed in activated and unactivated T-cells. Overexpressed in epithelial tumors, such as breast or ovarian cancer and also in non-epithelial tumor cells. Isoform Y is expressed in tumor cells only.
Background: Mucin 1, cell surface associated (MUC1) or polymorphic epithelial mucin (PEM) is a mucin encoded by the MUC1 gene in humans. This gene encodes a membrane-bound protein that is a member of the mucin family. Mucins are O-glycosylated proteins that play an essential role in forming protective mucous barriers on epithelial surfaces. It is mapped to 1q22. Mucin 1 is a transmembrane mucin normally expressed on the apical borders of secretory epithelial cells. Overexpression of Mucin 1 is often associated with colon, breast, ovarian, lung and pancreatic cancers. The protein serves a protective function by binding to pathogens and also functions in a cell signaling capacity. Mucin 1 stimulated ESR1-mediated transcription and contributed to estradiol-mediated growth and survival of breast cancer cells. This gene also can suppress pulmonary innate immunity, and its antiinflammatory activity may play an important modulatory role during microbial infection.
- Negative Regulation of intrinsic apoptotic Signaling