Albumin antibody (ALB) Primary Antibody
- Albumin (ALB)
- Human, Mouse
- This Albumin antibody is un-conjugated
- Immunofluorescence (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IF (p)), Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IHC (p)), Western Blotting (WB)
- Purified by Protein G.
- Human Serum albumin
- Application Notes
- For Research Use only
- 1 μg/μL
- Aqueous buffered solution containing 1 % BSA, 50 % glycerol and 0.09 % sodium azide.
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at -20 °C
- Expiry Date
- 12 months
- Albumin (ALB)
- Alternative Name
- Serum albumin (ALB Antibody Abstract)
- PRO0883, PRO0903, PRO1341, ALB, CSA, Alb-1, Alb1, Albza, LOC100136344, alb-a, alb-b, albumin, serum albumin 1, albumin S homeolog, ALB, Alb, LOC100136344, alb.S
Albumin is a soluble, monomeric protein which comprises about one-half of the blood serum protein. Albumin functions primarily as a carrier protein for steroids, fatty acids, and thyroid hormones and plays a role in stabilizing extracellular fluid volume. Mutations in this gene on chromosome 4 result in various anomalous proteins. Albumin is a globular unglycosylated serum protein of molecular weight 65,000. The human albumin gene is 16,961 nucleotides long from the putative 'cap' site to the first poly(A) addition site. It is split into 15 exons which are symmetrically placed within the 3 domains that are thought to have arisen by triplication of a single primordial domain. Albumin is synthesized in the liver as preproalbumin which has an N-terminal peptide that is removed before the nascent protein is released from the rough endoplasmic reticulum. The product, proalbumin, is in turn cleaved in the Golgi vesicles to produce the secreted albumin.
Synonyms: ALB; ALBU_HUMAN; Albumin 32 AA; Albumin AA 34; Analbuminemia; Bisalbuminemia; Cell growth inhibiting protein 42; DKFZp779N1935; Dysalbuminemic hyperthyroxinemia; Growth inhibiting protein 20; HSA; Hyperthyroxinemia dysalbuminemic; PRO0883; PRO0903; PRO1341; PRO2044; PRO2619; Serum albumin.
- Gene ID
- Lipid Metabolism