- Target See all CD46 Antibodies
- Human, Cow
- This CD46 antibody is un-conjugated
- Western Blotting (WB), Flow Cytometry (FACS), Immunoprecipitation (IP)
- The antibody MEM-258 recognizes an epitope on SCR4 (the membrane-proximal SCR) domain of CD46 (Membrane cofactor protein). CD46 is 56-66 kDa dimeric transmembrane protein expressed on T and B lymphocytes, platelets, monocytes, granulocytes, endothelial cells, epithelial cells and fibroblast, it is negative on erythrocytes.
- Cross-Reactivity (Details)
- Human, Bovine
- Purified by protein-A affinity chromatography
- > 95 % (by SDS-PAGE)
- HPB-ALL human T cell line
- Application Notes
- Optimal working dilution should be determined by the investigator.
- For Research Use only
- 1 mg/mL
- Phosphate buffered saline (PBS) with 15 mM sodium azide, approx. pH 7.4
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- Handling Advice
- Do not freeze.
- 4 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at 2-8°C. Do not freeze. Do not use after expiration date stamped on vial label.
Macropinocytotic uptake and infection of human epithelial cells with species B2 adenovirus type 35." in: Journal of virology, Vol. 84, Issue 10, pp. 5336-50, (2010) (PubMed).
: "Receptor usage of a newly emergent adenovirus type 14." in: Virology, Vol. 387, Issue 2, pp. 436-41, (2009) (PubMed).
: "Evaluation of twenty-one human adenovirus types and one infectivity-enhanced adenovirus for the treatment of malignant melanoma." in: The Journal of investigative dermatology, Vol. 128, Issue 4, pp. 988-98, (2008) (PubMed).
: "Species B adenovirus serotypes 3, 7, 11 and 35 share similar binding sites on the membrane cofactor protein CD46 receptor." in: The Journal of general virology, Vol. 88, Issue Pt 11, pp. 2925-34, (2007) (PubMed).
: "Myeloid and plasmacytoid dendritic cells are susceptible to recombinant adenovirus vectors and stimulate polyfunctional memory T cell responses." in: Journal of immunology (Baltimore, Md. : 1950), Vol. 179, Issue 3, pp. 1721-9, (2007) (PubMed).
: "Genetic and functional analyses of membrane cofactor protein (CD46) mutations in atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome." in: Journal of the American Society of Nephrology : JASN, Vol. 17, Issue 7, pp. 2017-25, (2006) (PubMed).
: "Monoclonal antibody detection of CD46 clustering beneath Neisseria gonorrhoeae microcolonies." in: Infection and immunity, Vol. 74, Issue 4, pp. 2428-35, (2006) (PubMed).
: "The distal short consensus repeats 1 and 2 of the membrane cofactor protein CD46 and their distance from the cell membrane determine productive entry of species B adenovirus serotype 35." in: Journal of virology, Vol. 79, Issue 15, pp. 10013-22, (2005) (PubMed).
- Macropinocytotic uptake and infection of human epithelial cells with species B2 adenovirus type 35." in: Journal of virology, Vol. 84, Issue 10, pp. 5336-50, (2010) (PubMed).
- Alternative Name
- CD46 (CD46 Products)
- AHUS2 antibody, MCP antibody, MIC10 antibody, TLX antibody, TRA2.10 antibody, Mcp antibody, CD46 antibody, CD46 molecule antibody, CD46 antigen, complement regulatory protein antibody, CD46 molecule, complement regulatory protein antibody, membrane cofactor protein-like antibody, CD46 antibody, Cd46 antibody, LOC100341359 antibody, LOC103789310 antibody
- CD46 (MCP, membrane cofactor protein) is a multifunctional cell surface transmembrane protein that binds and inactivates C3b and C4b complement fragments, regulates T cell-induced inflammatory responses by either inhibiting (CD46-1 isoform) or increasing (CD46-2 isoform) the contact hypersensitivity reaction. CD46 also serves as a receptor for several human pathogens (both bacteria and viruses), and its ligation alteres T lymphocyte polarization toward antigen-presenting cells or target cells, inhibiting lymphocyte function. CD46 is a protector of placental tissue and is also expressed on the inner acrosomal membrane of spermatozoa.
- Regulation of Actin Filament Polymerization