LRRK2 antibody (Leucine-Rich Repeat Kinase 2) (AA 931-962) Primary Antibody
- AA 931-962
- Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IHC (p)), Western Blotting (WB)
- This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis against PBS.
- This PARK8(LRRK2) antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 931-962 amino acids from human PARK8(LRRK2).
- Ig Fraction
- Application Notes
- WB: 1:1000. WB: 1:1000. IHC-P: 1:50~100
- For Research Use only
- Purified polyclonal antibody supplied in PBS with 0.09 % (W/V) sodium azide.
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- 4 °C,-20 °C
- Expiry Date
- 6 months
Biskup, Moore, Rea, Lorenz-Deperieux, Coombes, Dawson, Dawson, West: "Dynamic and redundant regulation of LRRK2 and LRRK1 expression." in: BMC neuroscience, Vol. 8, pp. 102, 2008 (PubMed).
Method employed by authors: Western Blotting (WB)
Shen: "Protein kinases linked to the pathogenesis of Parkinson's disease." in: Neuron, Vol. 44, Issue 4, pp. 575-7, 2004 (PubMed).
Wszolek, Pfeiffer, Tsuboi, Uitti, McComb, Stoessl, Strongosky, Zimprich, Müller-Myhsok, Farrer, Gasser, Calne, Dickson: "Autosomal dominant parkinsonism associated with variable synuclein and tau pathology." in: Neurology, Vol. 62, Issue 9, pp. 1619-22, 2004 (PubMed).
Zimprich, Biskup, Leitner, Lichtner, Farrer, Lincoln, Kachergus, Hulihan, Uitti, Calne, Stoessl, Pfeiffer, Patenge, Carbajal, Vieregge, Asmus, Müller-Myhsok, Dickson, Meitinger, Strom, Wszolek, Gasser: "Mutations in LRRK2 cause autosomal-dominant parkinsonism with pleomorphic pathology." in: Neuron, Vol. 44, Issue 4, pp. 601-7, 2004 (PubMed).
- Biskup, Moore, Rea, Lorenz-Deperieux, Coombes, Dawson, Dawson, West: "Dynamic and redundant regulation of LRRK2 and LRRK1 expression." in: BMC neuroscience, Vol. 8, pp. 102, 2008 (PubMed). Method employed by authors: Western Blotting (WB)
- Alternative Name
- PARK8 (LRRK2) (LRRK2 Antibody Abstract)
- LRRK2, AURA17, DARDARIN, PARK8, RIPK7, ROCO2, 4921513O20Rik, 9330188B09Rik, AW561911, D630001M17Rik, Gm927, cI-46, leucine-rich repeat kinase 2, leucine rich repeat kinase 2, lrrk2, LRRK2, Lrrk2
- Parkinson is the second most common neurodegenerative disease after Alzheimers. About 1 percent of people over the age of 65 and 3 percent of people over the age of 75 are affected by the disease. The mutation is the most common cause of Parkinson's disease identified to date. LRRK2, a genetic mutation, was recently found linked to about 5 percent of inherited cases of Parkinson's disease. By high-resolution recombination mapping and candidate gene sequencing in 46 families, 6 disease-segregating mutations (5 missense and 1 putative splice site mutation). It may be central to the pathogenesis of several major neurodegenerative disorders associated with parkinsonism. LRRK2 belongs to the ROCO protein family and includes a protein kinase domain of the MAPKKK class and several other major functional domains.
- Molecular Weight
- NCBI Accession
- Regulation of G-Protein Coupled Receptor Protein Signaling, Skeletal Muscle Fiber Development