Adrenergic, Beta, Receptor Kinase 1 (ADRBK1) (C-Term) antibody Primary Antibody
- Binding Specificity
- ELISA, Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Western Blotting (WB)
- Human, Mouse (Murine)
- This affinity purified antibody is directed against human GRK2. This product was affinity purified from monospecific antiserum by immunoaffinity purification. A BLAST analysis of the sequence shows 100% reactivity to human, and 90% to rat, mouse, and golden hamster.
Immunogen: Anti-GRK2 antibody was prepared from whole goat serum produced by repeated immunizations with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a near C-terminal portion of human GRK2 conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Hemocyanin (KLH).
Immunogen Type: Peptide
- Application Notes
Immunohistochemistry Dilution: 1:1000
Application Note: Anti-GRK2 Antibody has been tested in ELISA, Western Blot, and IHC. Expect a band at ~79.6 kDa in western blot using appropriate lysates. Positive control used: Human high grade lymphoma tissue in Immunohistochemistry and THP-1 lysate in western blot.
ELISA Dilution: 1:10,000-1:50,000
Western Blot Dilution: 1:1000
- For Research Use only
Buffer: 0.01 M Sodium Phosphate, 0.15 M Sodium Chloride, pH 7.2
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- RT,4 °C,-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store vial at -20° C prior to opening. Aliquot contents and freeze at -20° C or below for extended storage. Avoid cycles of freezing and thawing. Centrifuge product if not completely clear after standing at room temperature. This product is stable for several weeks at 4° C as an undiluted liquid. Dilute only prior to immediate use.
- Alternative Name
- GRK2 (ADRBK1 Antibody Abstract)
Synonyms: Goat Anti-G Protein-Coupled Receptor Kinase 2 Antibody, Goat Anti-GRK2 Antibody, Beta-ARK-1, ADRBK1, BARK1, G-Protein Coupled Receptor Kinase 2, Adrenergic, Beta, Receptor Kinase 1, Adrenergic Beta Receptor Kinase 1, Beta-Adrenergic Receptor Kinase 1, EC 22.214.171.124, BETA-ARK1, BARK
Background: GRK2 (G Protein-Coupled Receptor Kinase 2) is a member of the G protein-coupled receptor kinase family of proteins. GRK2 Specifically phosphorylates the agonist-occupied form of the beta-adrenergic and as well as a wide range of other substrates including non-GPCR cell surface receptors, and cytoskeletal, mitochondrial, and transcription factor proteins. It is a key regulator of LPAR1 signaling. GRK2 competes with RALA for binding to LPAR1 thus affecting the signaling properties of the receptor. It desensitizes LPAR1 and LPAR2 in a phosphorylation-independent manner. And positively regulates ciliary smoothened (SMO)-dependent Hedgehog (Hh) signaling pathway by facilitating the trafficking of SMO into the cilium and the stimulation of SMO activity. Data from rodent models supports a role for this gene in embryonic development, heart function and metabolism. Elevated expression of this gene has been observed in human patients with heart failure and Alzheimer's disease. Anti-GRK2 Antibody is useful for researchers interested in Neuroscience, Cytokines & Growth Factors, and Stem Cell Research.
Gene Name: GRK2
- Gene ID
- NCBI Accession
- EGFR Signaling Pathway, Neurotrophin Signaling Pathway, Regulation of G-Protein Coupled Receptor Protein Signaling, CXCR4-mediated Signaling Events, G-protein mediated Events, Interaction of EGFR with phospholipase C-gamma, Thromboxane A2 Receptor Signaling