Caspase 8 antibody (CASP8) AA 411-482 Primary Antibody
- Target See all Caspase 8 (CASP8) Antibodies
- Caspase 8 (CASP8)
- AA 411-482
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, Pig, Sheep
- This Caspase 8 antibody is un-conjugated
- ELISA, Flow Cytometry (FACS), Immunofluorescence (Cultured Cells) (IF (cc)), Immunofluorescence (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IF (p)), Immunohistochemistry (Frozen Sections) (IHC (fro)), Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IHC (p)), Western Blotting (WB)
- Predicted Reactivity
- Purified by Protein A.
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide derived from mouse Caspase-8 subunit p10
- Application Notes
- For Research Use only
Validation #029759 (Western Blotting)Validation ImagesFull Methods
- Alamo Laboratories Inc
- Lot Number
- Method validated
- Western Blotting
- Positive Control
- HeLa cells
- Negative Control
- c6/36 mosquito cells (non-reactive species)
- A strong band was observed at the correct molecular weight in the positive control sample. No major bands were observed in the negative sample.
- Primary Antibody
- Antigen: Caspase 8, Apoptosis-Related Cysteine Peptidase (CASP8) (1:200 dilution)
- Catalog number: ABIN724205
- Lot number: 131127
- Secondary Antibody
- Antigen: Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H + L)-HRP Conjugate (1:20,000 dilution)
- Lot number: L170-6515
- Full Protocol
- 1. Total protein extracts were boiled in 1X SDS Sample Buffer containing 1% SDS and 1.25% β-mercaptoethanol at 95°C for 5 min prior to loading.
- 2. 20 μg of boiled extracts were loaded and resolved on 8-16% SDS-polyacrylamide gel.
- 3. The Thermo Scientific - Spectra Multicolor Broad Range (Cat # 26634) were used as molecular mass markers.
- 4. Proteins were then transferred onto PVDF membrane by wet transfer and protein transfer was confirmed with Ponceau-S staining.
- 5. The PVDF membrane was incubated with 25 mL of blocking buffer [Tris Buffered Saline, pH 7.4 plus 0.1% TW20 (TBST)] containing 5% (W/V) BSA at room temperature for 1 h.
- 6. The membrane was rinsed with TBST once.
- 7. The membrane was immersed with the protein side up in the primary antibody solution (CASP8; 1:200) in TBST containing 5% (W/V) BSA and incubated for 16 h at 4°C.
- 8. The membrane was rinsed in TBST thrice for 5 min each.
- 9. The membrane was incubated in the HRP-conjugated secondary antibody solution (Goat anti-rabbit IgG-HRP; 1:20,000) in TBST containing 5% (W/V) BSA and incubated for 1 hour at room temperature (~26°C) with gentle agitation.
- 10. The membrane was rinsed thrice TBST thrice for 5 min each.
- 11. The membrane was rinsed in TBS twice for 30 s each.
- 12. Signals were detected with ECL-2 Substrate. The blot was scanned for 300 s.
- 13. The membrane was rinsed three times TBST.
- 14. Incubated in Acidic Glycine Stripping Buffer at room temperature with gentle agitation for 3 times, 10 min each.
- 15. The membrane was washed in TBST 2 times for 10 min each.
- 16. Repeated Steps 5-12 with the loading control antibody (anti-Actin; 1:6,000) and its matching secondary antibody (Goat anti-rabbit IgG-HRP; 1:20,000).
- Experimental Notes
- - Nothing to note.
- 1 μg/μL
- 0.01M TBS( pH 7.4) with 1 % BSA, 0.03 % Proclin300 and 50 % Glycerol.
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains ProClin: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE, which should be handled by trained staff only.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at -20°C for one year. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Expiry Date
- 12 months
Decrease in male mouse fertility by hydrogen sulfide and/or ammonia can Be inheritable." in: Chemosphere, Vol. 194, pp. 147-157, (2018) (PubMed).
: "Ginkgo biloba Extract Prevents Female Mice from Ischemic Brain Damage and the Mechanism Is Independent of the HO1/Wnt Pathway." in: Translational stroke research, Vol. 7, Issue 2, pp. 120-31, (2016) (PubMed).
: "Alterations in blood pressure, antioxidant status and caspase 8 expression in cobalt chloride-induced cardio-renal dysfunction are reversed by Ocimum gratissimum and gallic acid in Wistar rats." in: Journal of trace elements in medicine and biology : organ of the Society for Minerals and Trace Elements (GMS), Vol. 36, pp. 27-37, (2016) (PubMed).
: "Hispidulin induces mitochondrial apoptosis in acute myeloid leukemia cells by targeting extracellular matrix metalloproteinase inducer." in: American journal of translational research, Vol. 8, Issue 2, pp. 1115-32, (2016) (PubMed).
: "Curcumin alleviates oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunction in astrocytes." in: Neuroscience, Vol. 333, pp. 92-103, (2016) (PubMed).
: "Regulation of steroid hormones and energy status with cysteamine and its effect on spermatogenesis." in: Toxicology and applied pharmacology, Vol. 313, pp. 149-158, (2016) (PubMed).
: "Hydrogen Sulfide and/or Ammonia Reduces Spermatozoa Motility through AMPK/AKT Related Pathways." in: Scientific reports, Vol. 6, pp. 37884, (2016) (PubMed).
: "Cytotoxic effect and possible mechanisms of Tetracaine on human corneal epithelial cells in vitro." in: International journal of ophthalmology, Vol. 9, Issue 4, pp. 497-504, (2016) (PubMed).
: "Cytotoxicity of pilocarpine to human corneal stromal cells and its underlying cytotoxic mechanisms." in: International journal of ophthalmology, Vol. 9, Issue 4, pp. 505-11, (2016) (PubMed).
: "Effects and Mechanism of Baicalin on Apoptosis of Cervical Cancer HeLa Cells I n -v itro." in: Iranian journal of pharmaceutical research : IJPR, Vol. 14, Issue 1, pp. 251-61, (2015) (PubMed).
: "Evodiamine induces G2/M arrest and apoptosis via mitochondrial and endoplasmic reticulum pathways in H446 and H1688 human small-cell lung cancer cells." in: PLoS ONE, Vol. 9, Issue 12, pp. e115204, (2014) (PubMed).
: "Inhibition of hydrogen sulfide synthesis provides protection for severe acute pancreatitis rats via apoptosis pathway." in: Apoptosis : an international journal on programmed cell death, Vol. 18, Issue 1, pp. 28-42, (2013) (PubMed).
: "PCSK9 siRNA inhibits HUVEC apoptosis induced by ox-LDL via Bcl/Bax-caspase9-caspase3 pathway." in: Molecular and cellular biochemistry, Vol. 359, Issue 1-2, pp. 347-58, (2011) (PubMed).
: "Direct measurement of the aspartic acid 26 pKa for reduced Escherichia coli thioredoxin by 13C NMR." in: Biochemistry, Vol. 35, Issue 1, pp. 1-6, (1996) (PubMed).
- Decrease in male mouse fertility by hydrogen sulfide and/or ammonia can Be inheritable." in: Chemosphere, Vol. 194, pp. 147-157, (2018) (PubMed).
- Caspase 8 (CASP8)
- Alternative Name
- Caspase 8 (CASP8 Products)
- casp8-A, xCaspase-8, casp8, CASP8, CASP-8, FLICE, MACH, Mch5, ALPS2B, CAP4, Casp-8, MCH5, caspase-8, zgc:92075, caspase 8 L homeolog, death related ced-3/Nedd2-like protein, caspase 8, caspase-8, caspase-8-like, caspase 8, apoptosis-related cysteine peptidase, casp8.L, LOC661095, CASP8, LOC5563818, casp8, LOC100222284, Casp8
Most upstream protease of the activation cascade of caspases responsible for the TNFRSF6/FAS mediated and TNFRSF1A induced cell death. Binding to the adapter molecule FADD recruits it to either receptor. The resulting aggregate called death-inducing signaling complex (DISC) performs CASP8 proteolytic activation. The active dimeric enzyme is then liberated from the DISC and free to activate downstream apoptotic proteases. Proteolytic fragments of the N-terminal propeptide (termed CAP3, CAP5 and CAP6) are likely retained in the DISC. Cleaves and activates CASP3, CASP4, CASP6, CASP7, CASP9 and CASP1. May participate in the GZMB apoptotic pathways. Cleaves ADPRT. Hydrolyzes the small-molecule substrate, Ac-Asp-Glu-Val-Asp-|-AMC. Likely target for the cowpox virus CRMA death inhibitory protein.
Subcellular location: Cytoplasm
Synonyms: MACH, Mch5, FLICE, CASP-8, Caspase-8, Casp8
- Gene ID
- Apoptosis, Caspase Cascade in Apoptosis, TLR Signaling, Activation of Innate immune Response, Tube Formation, Positive Regulation of Endopeptidase Activity, Toll-Like Receptors Cascades