GAD65 antibody (Glutamate Decarboxylase 2 (Pancreatic Islets and Brain, 65kDa)) (C-Term) Primary Antibody
- Binding Specificity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- This GAD65 antibody is un-conjugated
- Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IHC (p)), Western Blotting (WB)
- Dog (Canine), Pig (Porcine), Rhesus Monkey
- Cross-Reactivity (Details)
- Dog (92 %), Pig (85 %), Rhesus Monkey (100 %)
- Rabbit Polyclonal antibody to GAD65 (glutamate decarboxylase 2 (pancreatic islets and brain, 65 kDa))
GAD65 antibody [C2C3], C-term
- Purified by antigen-affinity chromatography.
- Carrier-protein conjugated synthetic peptide encompassing a sequence within the C-terminus region of human GAD65. The exact sequence is proprietary.
anti-Glutamate Decarboxylase 2 (Pancreatic Islets and Brain, 65kDa) (GAD2) (AA 131-164), (N-Term) antibody Primary Antibody
GAD2 Reactivity: Human, Mouse, Rat IHC (p), WB Host: Rabbit Polyclonal unconjugatedanti-Glutamate Decarboxylase 2 (Pancreatic Islets and Brain, 65kDa) (GAD2) (AA 1-100) antibody Primary Antibody
GAD2 Reactivity: Human ELISA, FACS, ICC, IHC, WB Host: Mouse Monoclonal 5D9G12 unconjugatedanti-Glutamate Decarboxylase 2 (Pancreatic Islets and Brain, 65kDa) (GAD2) (C-Term) antibody Primary Antibody
GAD2 Reactivity: Human, Mouse, Rat ICC, IF, IHC (p), WB Host: Rabbit Polyclonal unconjugatedanti-Glutamate Decarboxylase 2 (Pancreatic Islets and Brain, 65kDa) (GAD2) (AA 3-96) antibody Primary Antibody
GAD2 Reactivity: Mouse, Rat ICC, IP, IHC, ELISA, WB Host: Mouse Monoclonal 26H1 unconjugated
- Application Notes
- Suggested dilution Reference IHC (Formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) 1:100-1:1000* Western blot 1:5000-1:20000* Not tested in other applications. *Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the researcher.Suggested dilutionReferenceIHC (Formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections)1:100-1:1000* Western blot1:5000-1:20000*
Positive Control: mouse brain , rat brain
- For Research Use only
- 1 mg/mL
- 1XPBS, 1 % BSA, 20 % Glycerol ( pH 7). 0.01 % Thimerosal was added as a preservative.
- Thimerosal (Merthiolate)
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Thimerosal (Merthiolate): a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Keep as concentrated solution. Aliquot and store at -20°C or below. Avoid multiple freeze-thaw cycles.
- Alternative Name
- GAD65 (GAD2 Antibody Abstract)
- GAD65, gad65, F12P19.12, F12P19_12, GLUTAMATE DECARBOXYLASE 2, glutamate decarboxylase 2, zgc:112198, 6330404F12Rik, GAD(65), Gad-2, glutamate decarboxylase 2, glutamate decarboxylase 1, glutamic acid decarboxylase 2, GAD2, PTRG_06148, LOC9324534, Gad2, GAD1, gad2
- This gene encodes one of several forms of glutamic acid decarboxylase, identified as a major autoantigen in insulin-dependent diabetes. The enzyme encoded is responsible for catalyzing the production of gamma-aminobutyric acid from L-glutamic acid. A pathogenic role for this enzyme has been identified in the human pancreas since it has been identified as an autoantibody and an autoreactive T cell target in insulin-dependent diabetes. This gene may also play a role in the stiff man syndrome. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants that encode the same protein.
Cellular Localization: Cytoplasm , cytosol , Cytoplasmic vesicle , Cell junction , synapse , presynaptic cell membrane , Golgi apparatus membrane
- Molecular Weight
- 65 kDa
- Gene ID