GSK3 alpha antibody (Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3 alpha) (AA 1-50) Primary Antibody
- Binding Specificity
- AA 1-50, pSer21
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- This GSK3 alpha antibody is un-conjugated
- Immunofluorescence (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IF (p)), Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IHC (p)), Western Blotting (WB)
- This phosphorylation site is homologous to that of Ser21 in Mouse and Rat.
- Purified by Protein A.
- KLH conjugated synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human GSK3 Alpha around the phosphorylation site of Ser21
- Application Notes
- WB 1:100-1000
- For Research Use only
- 1 μg/μL
- Aqueous buffered solution containing 1 % BSA, 50 % glycerol and 0.09 % sodium azide.
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE, which should be handled by trained staff only.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at -20°C
- Expiry Date
- 12 months
Zhang, Zhao, Zhang, Hao, Yu, Min, Li, Ma, Chen, Yi, Tang, Meng, Liu, Wang, Shen, Zhang: "Decrease in male mouse fertility by hydrogen sulfide and/or ammonia can Be inheritable." in: Chemosphere, Vol. 194, pp. 147-157, 2018 (PubMed).
Method employed by authors: Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IHC (p)) (Sample species: Mouse (Murine)).
- Zhang, Zhao, Zhang, Hao, Yu, Min, Li, Ma, Chen, Yi, Tang, Meng, Liu, Wang, Shen, Zhang: "Decrease in male mouse fertility by hydrogen sulfide and/or ammonia can Be inheritable." in: Chemosphere, Vol. 194, pp. 147-157, 2018 (PubMed). Method employed by authors: Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IHC (p)) (Sample species: Mouse (Murine)).
- Alternative Name
- Gsk3 alpha (GSK3a Antibody Abstract)
- 2700086H06Rik, GSK3A, GSK-3[a], GSK-3[b], GSK3, gsk3a, xgsk3, glycogen synthase kinase 3 alpha, glycogen synthase kinase 3 alpha b, glycogen synthase kinase 3 alpha S homeolog, GSK3A, Gsk3a, gsk3a, gsk3ab, gsk3a.S, Bm1_31380
Constitutively active protein kinase that acts as a negative regulator in the hormonal control of glucose homeostasis, Wnt signaling and regulation of transcription factors and microtubules, by phosphorylating and inactivating glycogen synthase (GYS1 or GYS2), CTNNB1/beta-catenin, APC and AXIN1. Requires primed phosphorylation of the majority of its substrates. Contributes to insulin regulation of glycogen synthesis by phosphorylating and inhibiting GYS1 activity and hence glycogen synthesis. Regulates glycogen metabolism in liver, but not in muscle. May also mediate the development of insulin resistance by regulating activation of transcription factors. In Wnt signaling, regulates the level and transcriptional activity of nuclear CTNNB1/beta-catenin. Facilitates amyloid precursor protein (APP) processing and the generation of APP-derived amyloid plaques found in Alzheimer disease. May be involved in the regulation of replication in pancreatic beta-cells. Is necessary for the establishment of neuronal polarity and axon outgrowth. Through phosphorylation of the anti-apoptotic protein MCL1, may control cell apoptosis in response to growth factors deprivation.
Synonyms: Glycogen synthase kinase-3 alpha, GSK-3 alpha, Serine/threonine-protein kinase GSK3A, GSK3A
- Gene ID
- PI3K-Akt Signaling, WNT Signaling, Fc-epsilon Receptor Signaling Pathway, EGFR Signaling Pathway, Neurotrophin Signaling Pathway, cAMP Metabolic Process, Cellular Glucan Metabolic Process, Regulation of Muscle Cell Differentiation, Regulation of G-Protein Coupled Receptor Protein Signaling, ER-Nucleus Signaling, Regulation of Carbohydrate Metabolic Process