AIM2 antibody (Absent in Melanoma 2) Primary Antibody
- Human, Mouse
- This AIM2 antibody is un-conjugated
- ELISA, Immunocytochemistry (ICC), Immunofluorescence (IF), Western Blotting (WB)
- AIM2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total AIM2
- Human, Mouse (Murine)
- The antiserum was purified by peptide affinity chromatography using SulfoLinkTM Coupling Resin (Thermo Fisher Scientific).
- A synthesized peptide
- Application Notes
- WB 1:500~1:1000, IF/ICC 1:100-1:500
- For Research Use only
- 1 mg/mL
- Rabbit IgG in phosphate buffered saline , pH 7.4, 150 mM NaCl, 0.02 % sodium azide and 50 % glycerol.
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at -20 °C.Stable for 12 months from date of receipt
- Expiry Date
- 12 months
- Alternative Name
- AIM2 (AIM2 Antibody Abstract)
- AIM2, PYHIN4, Gm1313, Ifi210, absent in melanoma 2, AIM2, Aim2
Description: Involved in innate immune response by recognizing cytosolic double-stranded DNA and inducing caspase-1-activating inflammasome formation in macrophages. Upon binding to DNA is thought to undergo oligomerization and to associate with PYCARD initiating the recruitment of caspase-1 precusrsor and processing of interleukin-1 beta and interleukin-18. Detects cytosolic dsDNA of viral and bacterial origin in a non-sequence-specific manner. Can also trigger PYCARD-dependent, caspase-1-independent cell death that involves caspase-8 (By similarity). Tumor suppressor which may act by repressing NF-kappa-B transcriptional activity.
- Molecular Weight
- 39 kDa
- Gene ID
- Activation of Innate immune Response, Positive Regulation of Endopeptidase Activity, Inflammasome