TMPRSS2 antibody (Transmembrane Protease, serine 2) Primary Antibody
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- This TMPRSS2 antibody is un-conjugated
- Immunofluorescence (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IF (p)), Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IHC (p)), Western Blotting (WB)
- Purified by Protein A.
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide derived from human TMPRSS2
- Alternative Name
- Prss10 (TMPRSS2 Antibody Abstract)
Serine protease that proteolytically cleaves and activates the viral spike glycoproteins which facilitate virus-cell membrane fusions, spike proteins are synthesized and maintained in precursor intermediate folding states and proteolysis permits the refolding and energy release required to create stable virus-cell linkages and membrane coalescence. Facilitates human SARS coronavirus (SARS-CoV) infection via two independent mechanisms, proteolytic cleavage of ACE2, which might promote viral uptake, and cleavage of coronavirus spike glycoprotein which activates the glycoprotein for cathepsin L-independent host cell entry. Proteolytically cleaves and activates the spike glycoproteins of human coronavirus 229E (HCoV-229E) and human coronavirus EMC (HCoV-EMC) and the fusion glycoproteins F0 of Sendai virus (SeV), human metapneumovirus (HMPV), human parainfluenza 1, 2, 3, 4a and 4b viruses (HPIV). Essential for spread and pathogenesis of influenza A virus (strains H1N1, H3N2 and H7N9), involved in proteolytic cleavage and activation of hemagglutinin (HA) protein which is essential for viral infectivity.
Subcellular location: Extracellular, Secreted
Synonyms: PP9284, PRSS10, Transmembrane protease serine 2, Serine protease 10, TMPRSS2
- Gene ID
- Application Notes
- WB 1:100-1000
- For Research Use only
- 1 μg/μL
- Aqueous buffered solution containing 1 % BSA, 50 % glycerol and 0.09 % sodium azide.
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE, which should be handled by trained staff only.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at -20°C
- Expiry Date
- 12 months